Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Grilled 7-UP Chicken

I can remember the first time I tasted 7-UP as a marinade was at the Manti Mormon Miracle Pageant.  I don't remember too many details because I was real young when I went.  But I think the wards down in Manti use to have a fund raiser and serve dinner to people coming down for the pageant.  I believe they marinaded turkey.  I just remember how tender the meat was.  

Plan ahead.  This needs to marinate for at least 30 minutes, but overnight is better.

INGREDIENTS:
4-5 Chicken Breasts (I like to cut mine into chicken tenders (1-1/2” strips)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Horseradish
            (It tastes okay without this, but I highly recommend using it! Adds the perfect amount of zip!!)
1 (12 oz) can of lemon-lime soda pop (not diet)
1/4 cup vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS:
Mix all ingredients together in a Ziploc bag. Add 4-5 chicken breasts and marinate for at least 30 minutes.  (Although the longer you go, the better they taste! I usually marinate my chicken for at least 8 hours or overnight.)

Grill over medium-high heat until cooked all the way through.  This will just take a few minutes (5-8 minutes total).


NOTE:  This marinade is good with turkey, pork, someone even suggested steak.
Recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment